Your home is your sanctuary from the world. When it comes to master bedrooms, they should be the ultimate place to relax and rejuvenate. If your master bedroom is not the oasis you wish it were, here are a few simple ideas you can use to change the feel of the space without breaking the bank.
- Lighten Up – Setting the mood starts with lighting. Try a modern-industrial styled fixture or vintage chandelier to freshen your look. Consider the purpose of the lighting: do you want to soften the room with dimming lights or brighten a reading corner?
- Change Colors – Changing the color of the room can make a huge difference in the feel of the space. Choose a soothing color and add fresh linens, floor rugs, or even paint or wallpaper to revitalize the room.
- Luxurious Carpet – Having a beautiful floor does not necessarily need to mean an expensive change. Add a luxurious area rug to add elegance to your bedroom. It not only can mean an aesthetic change but a rug can alter the acoustics of a room, making it more serene and peaceful.
- Create a Sitting Area – Most master bedrooms have unused space. Find a cozy corner and add a comfy chair to carve out a quiet area to relax or read.
- Try Some Wallpaper – Wallpaper is a great way to add interest and personality to décor. Today, there is a wide variety of temporary wallpaper products that are easily removable when you want a refresh in stule. Try a bold geometric or subtle textured pattern on one or more walls to add a modern spin to your room.
Master bedrooms should be a place to escape to—someplace to unwind and refresh after a long day. Fortunately, there are several ways to update your master bedroom this weekend with some simple, inexpensive changes. Try one or all of them and spruce up your bedroom and create the oasis you desire.