Fall is one of the prettiest seasons in Pittsburgh! The hills around town make for a beautiful backdrop when the leaves begin to change. As the days get shorter and the weather chillier, autumn is the perfect time to infuse your home with a little seasonal spirit. There are so many amazing autumn décor options available. Here are some ways to incorporate here are some fresh ideas to help you usher in the season.
1. From pumpkin spice to fresh baked apple pie, the wonderful scents and flavors of autumn are legendary. Candles, cinnamon pinecones, and essential oils are ways to keep the hint of Autumn in the air.
2. Textiles can make a statement. Change your pillows and throws to warm earth tone pieces. These comfy additions to any bedroom or living room can really help accent other décor you might have in the room. Draping a quilt across the back of a couch can help bring out that familiar feeling of warm, cozy comfort. Having a blanket handy can also be useful for those times you want to cuddle up with a book, movie, or a cup of hot chocolate!
3. Give your dining table a bit of fall panache. This season’s hottest fruit – apples make a great display when stocked in a tin or basket—not to mention the added benefit of having a quick grab and go snack so easily accessible. Branches and berries can be used to create Fall-themed centerpieces or napkin rings. Changing out your table linens can also make any dining space feel like a slice of Autumn delight. For a can’t-miss combo of colors, pair warm shades of orange, red and yellow with muted greens and copper and gold metallic accents.
4. Wreathes are a wonderful way to decorate your home both inside and out. Available in a wide variety of styles and sizes, finding the right wreath for your space is as easy as heading to a craft or home goods store.
5. Pumpkins, gourds, corn stalks and haybales are an excellent way to bring a fall landscape to your porch or yard. Don’t forget to carve some of those pumpkins in time for Halloween jack-o-lanterns! When the gourds and pumpkins are no longer needed, they do double duty as food for birds and wildlife – they love the seeds.
6. Colorful fall leaves are terrific accents to place settings, centerpieces, or on a mantle top. Fall leaves, with their diverse array of colors and shapes, are a great way to bring a bit of the outdoors indoors. Alternatively, you could cut out leaves of your own using colored paper- a great DIY project fun for the whole family!
7. Get your front porch ready for fall festivities with some planters surrounded by an abundance of mums and pumpkins and gourds. Mix in a few lanterns to add a welcoming glow to evening gatherings. Adding a rocking chair topped with a soft blanket offers a welcome greeting to all visitors and passersby- not to mention it becomes a wonderful place to enjoy your morning coffee.
8. Adding fresh fall flowers is the perfect way to brighten your home for the season. Consider using a pumpkin as a vase – it’s the perfect base for a beautiful fall arrangement.
9. If you have a fireplace, don’t forget to make it look the part! Make sure your hearth is stocked, and your mantle top is decorated for the season.
10. If you’re willing to commit to the season, painting a wall a soft brown or rustic shade of blue or red and really help enhance a room’s autumn appeal.
Fall is all about slowing life down a little, taking in the beautiful sights and scents, and enjoying the cooler weather. If you love fall, no doubt you’ve already begun thinking about ways to add that style into your home. Don’t be afraid to think outside the box when it comes to decorating encompassing all the senses to revel in the season where Mother Nature shines.