A new year always seems like the right time to start considering the future of your housing situation. If finding a new place to call home is not on your To Do list this year, perhaps now is the time to consider some renovations to take your home to the next level. Whether you’re planning to continue to call it home for years to come, or if you might be selling in the next few years and are looking to start updating now to maximize your profit, here are the top five rooms to remodel in 2023.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is the heart of your home, being a center of both stylish design while also serving as a practical space where you cook and eat. Kitchens can be remodeled in so many ways, both big and small, to offer a great return on an investment of any size. From totally remodeling your kitchen to the newest designs, changing out countertops or back-splashes, refinishing your cabinets, installing new appliances and fixtures, or even expanding built in counter and seating spaces or adding a Butler’s Pantry… the options are endless when it comes to making your kitchen the kitchen of your dreams.
- Backyards: Over the past few years, as a society we have changed how we live in our homes making your yard a great place to invest. In fact, using backyards as an extension of your home’s living space has been one of the most popular home changes made in recent years. Start with a covered patio or open breezeway and turn it into a fully featured outdoor kitchen or family room, complete with a built-in grill, stove and oven, refrigerator, fireplace, television, and even ceiling fans for ventilation.
- Master Bedroom: The master is your own private retreat, a place to refresh and prepare for the rest of the week ahead. Master bedrooms are getting makeovers with calm soothing paint colors, large picture windows, and even luxurious balconies and private patios.
- Guest Bathroom: While not often the first room that comes to mind when thinking renovation, a powder room is easy to remodel and gives a great impression to anyone visiting your home. Make the space feel larger and more airy with the use of light colors, natural lighting, and good décor.
- Bonus Room / Media Room: A spacious place where families can gather and enjoy one another’s company making a media room very appealing. Even if it’s just a smaller section of a finished basement, this extra space opens the door for so many projects down the line. Furnish it as a second living room, add a bar and TV for the ultimate Man Cave, hang a projector and install theater seating to make the ultimate spot for family movie night.
When investing in your home with a renovation or remodel, return on investment is important. Updating these five spaces will not only allow you to further enjoy your current home, they will appeal to future buyers when it comes time to sell.